Date(s) - 10/12/2017
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Mint Music Yonge & Dundas
The Purpose of this class is to strum and play fun songs as a class. The Goal is to try to learn songs, strumming patterns and soloing techniques that will improve your musicianship and expand your song repertoire. We will learn and play through the material as a class, together, and if you want you can even sing along. This class will help you develop a good rhythm feel, so you can play with others easier. You will leave this class with a large repertoire of songs and the class members are invited to perform as a group at our school concerts at the end of the course which is free for anyone to attend. Class size is limited to 6 people.
– Learn how to play and strum: Friday I’m In Love – The Cure, Pretty Woman – Roy Orbison, Heart of Gold – Neil Young, Wild Horses – The Rolling Stones, Losing My Religion – REM, Yesterday – The Beatles, Dust In The Wind – Kansas, Hey Joe – Jimi Hendrix, Wish You Were Here – Pink Floyd, I Can’t Help Falling In Love – Elvis Presley, Wild World – Cat Stevens, Free Falling – Tom Petty, Pearl Jam – Just Breathe, Angie – The Stones and others…
– Learn a couple Fingerpicking tunes including “Dust In The Wind”
– Develop your “Power Chords”, and learn songs that utilize them
– Develop your technique for making Bar Chords
Learn cool 12 bar blues riffs that you can apply to your playing.
– Learn more involved Rock Riffs such as – Day Tripper, Money, Keep On Rocking In The Free World
Requirements: Able to read tab and chord charts. Able to strum in a basic and rhythmic way. Can change between G, C, D, Dm, D7, A, Am, E, Em, Chords.
Taught by: Toronto Guitar School Instructor KC Roberts
Here are a couple videos of KC Roberts playing his own original music on acoustic and electric guitar.
“Dustin It Off”
“Find You Again”
CLASS SCHEDULE (No classes on weekends with statutory holidays)
Class 1: Sunday, September 24th, 3-4 PM
Class 2: Sunday, October 1st, 3-4 PM
School Closed Sunday, October 8th for Thanksgiving Long Weekend
Class 3: Sunday, October 15th, 3-4 PM
Class 4: Sunday, October 22nd, 3-4 PM
Class 5: Sunday, October 29th, 3-4 PM
Class 6: Sunday, November 5th, 3-4 PM
Class 7: Sunday, November 12th, 3-4 PM
Class 8: Sunday, November 19th, 3-4 PM
Class 9: Sunday, November 26th, 3-4 PM
Class 10: Sunday, December 3rd, 3-4 PM
Class 11: Sunday, December 10th, 3-4 PM
Class 12: Sunday, December 17th, 3-4 PM
Pre-pay for this guitar course before September 24th and SAVE OVER $122.50!
You will Receive:
• $60 off the regular course cost of $300
• 50% discount on 1-hour private music lessons (Savings of $37.50)
• AND one FREE additional guitar class (a value of $25)
Bonus: Those enrolled in our guitar courses ALWAYS receive the discounted rate on all of our classes and courses.
Payments can be made through email transfer to email@example.com Email us before sending the transfer for additional password and payment instructions.
Payments can also be made in person at Mint Music’s Yonge and Dundas location (116 Bond Street) by appointment only. Cheque or cash are the accepted methods of payment at this location.
Payment must be received 24 hours prior to the start of the class to receive the discounted price otherwise the regular class rate of $25 per single class applies. Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 416-707-1077 if you have any further questions.