Date(s) - 02/09/2018
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Mint Music Yonge & Dundas
Our Level 1 group guitar lessons for beginner guitarists is our most popular course for brand new players. Learn to read tabs and chord charts, play popular songs, improve your technique, and more. Prepay before the course begins and take the entire course for the reduced rate of $160.
No prior knowledge of the guitar necessary just a willingness to have fun and make some new friends! If you do not own a guitar do not worry, we have a wide variety of guitars available for rental or purchase.
– Read Tabs, and understand Chord charts.
– Play popular rock songs such as “Wake Me Up When September Ends” – Green Day, “Stand By Me” – Ben. E. King, “Brown Eyed Girl” – Van Morrison, “More Than Words” – Extreme, “Sounds of Silence” Simon and Garfunkle and others.
– Play essential chords such as C, G, D, A/Am, E/Em, D7, Dm and F
– Beginner fingerpick and play 12 bar blues
– Learn your major, minor, pentatonic and blues scales necessary to begin soloing and improvising.
– Play multiple parts in a group with other guitarists
– Apply basic music fundamentals to learn any song
For more information please email at email@example.com or phone 416-707-1077.
Instructor: Glen Alan
Musician and educator Glen Alan has been actively involved in the Toronto music and recording scene for more than 20 years. As a music teacher Glen has helped thousands of individuals from children, teens to adults sing, play and write songs more effectively. Over the years Glen has produced and led various seminars and master classes on songwriting, music theory, voice, microphone technique, music business and recording for clients of Mint Music (formerly Find A Way) – a music company Glen Alan founded in 1996.
Glen began playing the piano when he was 7 years old and after that learned the ukulele and played acoustic bass in his father’s school ukulele band when he was a young teenager. Glen’s father who was an accomplished organist and choir director had Glen sing in church choirs from an early age until his early 20’s. Later, Glen double majored in voice and alto saxophone then managing the critically acclaimed No Nonsense acappella Quartet in his final years of high school. Later, Glen taught himself to play guitar while he attended Humber College in 1993 as a vocal major. Glen began his first formal guitar lessons in 1996 after he graduated with honours from Humber and began composing, performing with the guitar in the years that followed.
Class 1: Sunday, July 8th, 2-3 PM
Class 2: Sunday, July 15th, 2-3 PM
Class 3: Sunday, July 22nd, 2-3 PM
Class 4: Sunday, July 29th, 2-3 PM
School Closed Civic Long Weekend
Class 5: Sunday, August 12th, 2-3 PM
Class 6: Sunday, August 19th, 2-3 PM
Class 7: Sunday, August 26th, 2-3 PM
School Closed Labour Day Long Weekend
Class 8: Sunday, Sept 9th, 2-3 PM
Class 9: Sunday, Sept 16th, 2-3 PM
Prepay for this guitar course before the course begins and SAVE OVER $107.50!
You will Receive:
• $40 off the regular course cost of $200
• 50% discount on 1-hour private music lessons (Savings of $37.50)
• AND one FREE additional guitar class
Bonus: Those currently enrolled in our 10 session guitar courses ALWAYS receive the discounted rate on all of our other drop-in classes and courses.
* This offer may not be combined with any other special offers or discounts
** Must be redeemed before the course ends
Payments can also be made in person at the Toronto Guitar School’s Yonge and Dundas location (116 Bond Street) by appointment only. Cheque, or cash are the accepted methods of payment at this location.
Payment must be received prior to the prepayment deadline to receive the discounted price otherwise the regular course rate of $275 applies. Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 416-707-1077 if you have any further questions.