Date(s) - 05/09/2018
7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Mint Music Yonge & Dundas
Our beginner Ukulele Level 1 is our most popular ukulele course! Group ukulele lessons to familiarize you with the instrument, read tablature, improve technique, and play popular songs. Prepay before the class begins and take the entire course for the reduced rate of $200. Don’t wait too long to register and pay for this course as our Level 1 Classes are very popular and even though it may not show on the meetup there are already people that have signed up and prepaid for this course through the Toronto Guitar School website and the school itself.
No prior knowledge of the ukulele necessary just a willingness to have fun and make some new friends! If you do not own a ukulele do not worry, we have a wide variety of ukuleles available for rental or purchase.
– Read tablature and understand chord charts
– Play popular uke songs such as “Rip Tide” – Vance Joy, “Sounds of Silence” – Simon and Garfunkle, “Losing My Religion” – R.E.M., “Let It Be” – The Beatles, “Can’t Help Falling in Love” – Elvis Presley, “With Or Without You” – U2, “Brown Eyed Girl” – Van Morrison, “Stand By Me”, Ben E. King, “Every Breath You Take” – The Police, “Have You Ever Seen The Rain” – Creedence Clearwater Revival and more.
– Play in a group and jam with others
– Improve your fingerpicking technique with interesting and satisfying ukulele fingerpicking songs.
– Learn to memorize any song quickly and effectively
– Expand you Uke repertoire with cool and hip uke songs
For more information please email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 416-707-1077.
Toronto Guitar School Instructor: Glen Alan
Musician and educator Glen Alan has been actively involved in the Toronto music and recording scene for more than 20 years. As a music teacher Glen has helped thousands of individuals from children, teens to adults sing, play and write songs more effectively. Over the years Glen has produced and led various seminars and master classes on songwriting, music theory, voice, microphone technique, music business and recording for clients of Mint Music (formerly Find A Way) – a music company Glen Alan founded in 1996.
Since founding Mint Music and the Toronto Guitar School Glen has taught many private lessons and group classes over the years. Glen brings a wealth of over 20 years teaching experience, passion, and fun to every class he instructs. In addition, to his teaching career Glen is a prolific songwriter and has produced and released 2 albums to date and plans to release an EP in late 2018 to support his 3rd album release in 2019. Glen is also a seasoned entertainer performing live on City TV’s Breakfast Television and CBC Radio multiple times and at prestigious venues such as Skydome, The CNE Bandshell and numerous festivals, corporate events and concerts across North America and Europe. His latest group Glen Alan and the Troubadours features Glen singing and playing his own original music accompanied by some of Toronto’s finest musicians.
Class 1: Wednesday, July 4th, 7:30-8:30 PM
Class 2: Wednesday, July 11th, 7:30-8:30 PM
Class 3: Wednesday, July 18th, 7:30-8:30 PM
Class 4: Wednesday, July 25th, 7:30-8:30 PM
Class 5: Wednesday, August 1st, 7:30-8:30 PM
Class 6: Wednesday, August 8th, 7:30-8:30 PM
Class 7: Wednesday, August 15th, 7:30-8:30 PM
Class 8: Wednesday, August 22nd, 7:30-8:30 PM
Class 9: Wednesday, August 29th, 7:30-8:30 PM
Class 10: Wednesday, September 5th, 7:30-8:30 PM
Pre-pay for this ukelele course before the class begins and SAVE Over $107.50!*
You will Receive:
• $40 off the regular course cost of $250
• 50% discount on 1-hour private music lessons (Savings of $37.50)**
• AND one FREE additional guitar class**
Bonus: Those enrolled in our guitar courses ALWAYS receive the discounted rate on all of our classes and courses.
* This offer may not be combined with any other special offers or discounts
** Must be redeemed before the course ends.
Payments can also be made in person at the Toronto Guitar School’s Yonge and Dundas location (116 Bond Street) by appointment only. Cheque or cash are the accepted methods of payment at this location.
Payment must be received 24 hours prior to the start of the class to receive the discounted price otherwise the regular course rate of $250 applies. If you would like to join the class as a drop-in student the fee is $25 per class. Drop-ins will not be allowed past the 3rd class. Feel free to email us at email@example.com or phone 416-707-1077 if you have any further questions.