Date(s) - 18/07/2018
8:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Mint Music Yonge & Dundas
Our Ukulele 2, 10 Class Course for Level 2 uke players is one of our most popular ukulele courses. Prepay before the class begins and take the entire course for the reduced rate of $200. Don’t wait too long to register and pay for this course as our Level 2 Classes are very popular and may fill up quickly.
Ability to read tab and can strum in a steady rhythmic fashion. Comfortable playing the most common major, minor and seventh chords. Familiarity with bar chords is also helpful.
– Play popular uke songs such as “I’m Yours” – Jason Mraz, “Someone Like You” – Adele, “Waiting On The World To Change” – John Mayer, “What A Wonderful World” – Louis Armstrong, “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” – Harold Arlen and E.Y. Harburg, “Fields of Gold” – Sting, “Hallelujah” – Leonard Cohen, “One Love” – Bob Marley and more.
– Start to master your chords and the ukulele fretboard
– Play in a group and jam with others
– Improve your fingerpicking technique with interesting and satisfying ukulele fingerpicking songs.
– Learn how to play scales and become better at improvising
– Use theory to memorize any song quickly and effectively
For more information please email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 416-707-1077.
Toronto Guitar School Instructor: Glen Alan
Musician and educator Glen Alan has been actively involved in the Toronto music and recording scene for more than 20 years. As a music teacher Glen has helped thousands of individuals from children, teens to adults sing, play and write songs more effectively. Over the years Glen has produced and led various seminars and master classes on songwriting, music theory, voice, microphone technique, music business and recording for clients of Mint Music (formerly Find A Way) – a music company Glen Alan founded in 1996.
Glen began playing the piano when he was 7 years old and after that learned the ukulele and played acoustic bass in his father’s school ukulele band when he was a young teenager. Glen’s father who was an accomplished organist and choir director had Glen sing in church choirs from an early age until his early 20’s. Later, Glen double majored in voice and alto saxophone then managing the critically acclaimed No Nonsense acappella Quartet in his final years of high school. Later, Glen taught himself to play guitar while he attended Humber College in 1993 as a vocal major. Glen began his first formal guitar lessons in 1996 after he graduated with honours from Humber and began composing, performing with the guitar in the years that followed.
Class 1: Wednesday, July 4th, 8:30-9:30 PM
Class 2: Wednesday, July 11th, 8:30-9:30 PM
Class 3: Wednesday, July 18th, 8:30-9:30 PM
Class 4: Wednesday, July 25th, 8:30-9:30 PM
Class 5: Wednesday, August 1st, 8:30-9:30 PM
Class 6: Wednesday, August 8th, 8:30-9:30 PM
Class 7: Wednesday, August 15th, 8:30-9:30 PM
Class 8: Wednesday, August 22nd, 8:30-9:30 PM
Class 9: Wednesday, August 29th, 8:30-9:30 PM
Class 10: Wednesday, September 5th, 8:30-9:30 PM
Pre-pay for this ukelele course before the class begins and SAVE Over $107.50!*
You will Receive:
• $40 off the regular course cost of $250
• 50% discount on 1-hour private music lessons (Savings of $37.50)**
• AND one FREE additional guitar class**
Bonus: Those enrolled in our guitar courses ALWAYS receive the discounted rate on all of our classes and courses.
* This offer may not be combined with any other special offers or discounts
** Must be redeemed before the end of the course.
Payments can also be made in person at the Toronto Guitar School’s Yonge and Dundas location (116 Bond Street) by appointment only. Cheque, VISA, debit or cash are the accepted methods of payment at this location.
Payment must be received 24 hours prior to the start of the class to receive the discounted price otherwise the regular course rate of $250 applies. If you would like to join the class as a drop-in student the fee is $25 per class. Drop-ins will not be allowed past the 3rd class. Feel free to email us at email@example.com or phone 416-707-1077 if you have any further questions.