Toronto Guitar School is Hiring Guitar, Bass and Drum Teachers
Toronto Guitar School is hiring part-time guitar, bass and drum instructors to teach private lessons, classes, RockBands and ensembles at the Toronto Guitar School’s Yonge and Dundas location at 116 Bond Street.
Join a growing, dynamic and talented team of professional musicians and educators dedicated to providing students of all ages and levels with the best quality music educational experience possible through a highly interactive, carefully planned and goal-oriented music program.
– Advanced level of performance proficiency plus a degree/diploma or equivalent industry experience in one or more of the following instruments:
1) Guitar (both electric and acoustic)
2) Bass (electric and acoustic)
– Ability to lead and instruct RockBands and ensembles consisting of 2 or 3 guitarists, 1 bassist, 1 drummer, 1 keyboardist and 1-3 vocalists and possibly other instruments.
– Strong guitar skills (both electric and acoustic) and good bass and drumming chops are required to instruct and lead RockBands and Ensembles regardless of instrument major.
– Strong tab, music notation and sight-reading skills are required.
– Should be adept at using an electronic notation program such as (Sibelius, Guitar Pro, Finale, Encore etc.) to create professional looking charts for private lessons, classes RockBands and Ensembles.
– Excellent communication, interpersonal and group leadership skills.
– Passionate at helping children, teens, and adults improve their overall musicianship and performance skills in a structured, supportive music education environment.
At the Toronto Guitar School, we specialize in offering a wide curriculum of quality group classes in addition to teaching private music lessons.
Our guitar classes, RockBands and ensembles cover the range of fundamental skills, styles, and techniques for beginner-to- advanced guitarists, all with a special focus on developing group performance skills. Students are also motivated by the opportunity to perform at the Toronto Guitar School’s school concerts that are held 3 times a year.
We are currently recruiting instructors who are able to teach high-quality group classes, a task which requires extra skills beyond those necessary for individual music lessons – an especially demanding experience, with class preparation and planning, group management skills, and administrative coordination capacities.
– Minimum of 3-5 years teaching experience, developing customized lesson plans for individual beginner to advanced students to all ages.
– Experience teaching either group classes, workshops, or masterclasses
– Strong professional performance experience and teaching skills required
– Theoretical and practical knowledge of most major popular music styles (rock, jazz, pop, latin etc.)
– Guitar teachers must comfortable teaching both electric and acoustic guitar lessons and have access to both an electric and acoustic instrument. Same goes for bass instructors.
– degree or diploma in music performance and/or music education.
– able to produce professional looking tablature and lead sheets for weekly classes and lessons using an industry standard software notation program.
– strong independent administration and organizations skills.
– Strong Vocal/Singing Skills
– Ability to play multiple instruments such as guitar, bass, drums and keyboards/piano.
– Prior Group, Class, Ensemble and Masterclass teaching experience
– Experience with curriculum development and a willingness to collaborate with the school director and other teachers in developing and modifying school curriculum.
– Proven successful track record leading masterclasses, ensembles, class and clinics.
– Able to offer specialized lessons, classes, and workshops in the areas of your expertise.
– Video links to live performances are helpful in determining applicants’ suitability for the position.
To apply please send your resume with a bio, cover letter, and colour photo to email@example.com to the attention of the Toronto Guitar School director Glen Alan.
Compensation is $45/hour for RockBands, Ensembles and group classes and $35/hour for private lessons.
Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to the Toronto Guitar School’s email address firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of the music school director Glen Alan.
116 Bond St, Toronto, ON M5B 1X8, Canada