Date(s) - 27/10/2021
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
The most effective method to learn how to play an instrument is through playing songs. In this Strumming and Song Repertoire Class, we will play great songs from artists such as; John Mayer, The Beatles, Orianthi, Cold Play, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Tracey Chapman, Dire Straits, Guns and Roses, Bonnie Raitt, Eric Clapton, U2, Joni Mitchell, CCR, and more.
– Common popular chord sequences and how to play songs in different keys
– Learn songs to that will build your chord, strumming and fingerpicking repertoire
– How to solo over and play the 12 bar blues in multiple keys
– Tips on improving your ability to read tab and music notation
– Learn how to improve your bar chords and play any chord
– Learn all the notes on the guitar fretboard
– Improve your fingerpicking technique
– Learn scales and techniques the will dramatically improve your guitar playing
– CAGED system
Able to read tab and chord boxes. Have completed any Toronto Guitar School Guitar 1 class or are at an equivalent tab reading and guitar skill level. Able to strum in a consistent and rhythmic way. Can change easily between open position chords G, Em, C, D, A, Am and E and can tune your guitar by ear and/or using an electronic or software-based tuner.
“Music is a more potent instrument for education than any other.” – Plato
To view James Sawyer’s biography click on the following link:
Class 1: Wednesday, October 13th, 6:30-7:30 PM
Class 2: Wednesday, October 20th, 6:30-7:30 PM
Class 3: Wednesday, October 27th, 6:30-7:30 PM
Class 4: Wednesday, November 3rd, 6:30-7:30 PM
Class 5: Wednesday, November 10th, 6:30-7:30 PM
Class 6: Wednesday, November 17th, 6:30-7:30 PM
Class 7: Wednesday, November 24th, 6:30-7:30 PM
Class 8: Wednesday, December 1st, 6:30-7:30 PM
Class 9: Wednesday, December 8th, 6:30-7:30 PM
Class 10: Wednesday, December 15th, 6:30-7:30 PM
Pre-pay for this guitar course before the class begins and SAVE Over $122.50!*
You will Receive:
• $50 off the regular course cost of $330
• 50% discount on 1-hour private music lessons (Savings of $37.50)**
Bonus: Those enrolled in our guitar courses ALWAYS receive the discounted rate on all of our classes and courses.
* This offer may not be combined with any other special offers or discounts
** Must be redeemed before the end of the course.
Payments can be made using email transfer by sending payment to the Toronto Guitar School’s official email address firstname.lastname@example.org Please contact the school directly through email or phone 416-707-1077 before making payment for further instructions.
Payments can also be made in person at the Toronto Guitar School’s Yonge and Dundas location (116 Bond Street) by appointment only. Cheque or cash are the accepted methods of payment at this location.
Payment must be received 24 hours prior to the start of the class to receive the discounted price otherwise the regular course rate applies.
As the safety of our students and instructors is always our top priority, we would like to remind those new to our program that the Toronto Guitar School adheres to all government laws and regulations, following strict COVID-19 protocols, employing PPE and physical distancing measures and our instructors are fully vaccinated. We will provide you with any updates and changes that affect our lessons, classes and bands.