Date(s) - 25/04/2021
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The most effective method to learn how to play an instrument is through playing songs. In this Strumming and Song Repertoire Class, we will play great songs from artists such as; John Mayer, The Beatles, Orianthi, Cold Play, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Tracey Chapman, Dire Straits, Guns and Roses, Bonnie Raitt, Eric Clapton, U2, Joni Mitchell, CCR, and more.
– Common popular chord sequences and how to play songs in different keys
– Learn songs to that will build your chord, strumming and fingerpicking repertoire
– How to solo over and play the 12 bar blues in multiple keys
– Tips on improving your ability to read tab and music notation
– Learn how to improve your bar chords and play any chord
– Learn all the notes on the guitar fretboard
– Improve your fingerpicking technique
– Learn scales and techniques the will dramatically improve your guitar playing
– CAGED system
Able to read tab and chord boxes. Have completed any Toronto Guitar School Guitar 1 class or are at an equivalent tab reading and guitar skill level. Able to strum in a consistent and rhythmic way. Can change easily between open position chords G, Em, C, D, A, Am and E and can tune your guitar by ear and/or using an electronic or software-based tuner.
“Music is a more potent instrument for education than any other.” – Plato
Class 1: Sunday, April 18th , 3:00-4:00 PM
Class 2: Sunday, April 25th , 3:00-4:00 PM
Class 3: Sunday, May 2nd , 3:00-4:00 PM
Class 4: Sunday, May 9th, 3:00-4:00 PM
Class 5: Sunday, May 16th, 3:00-4:00 PM
Class 6: Sunday, May 23rd, 3:00-4:00 PM
Class 7: Sunday, May 30th, 3:00-4:00 PM
Class 8: Sunday, June 6th, 3:00-4:00 PM
Class 9: Sunday, June 13th, 3:00-4:00 PM
Class 10: Sunday, June 20th, 3:00-4:00 PM
Class 11: Sunday, June 27th, 3:00-4:00 PM
Pre-pay for this guitar course before the class begins and SAVE Over $122.50!*
You will Receive:
• $50 off the regular course cost of $330
• 50% discount on 1-hour private music lessons (Savings of $37.50)**
• AND one FREE additional guitar class**
Bonus: Those enrolled in our guitar courses ALWAYS receive the discounted rate on all of our classes and courses.
* This offer may not be combined with any other special offers or discounts
** Must be redeemed before the end of the course.
Payments can be made using email transfer by sending payment to the Toronto Guitar School’s official email address email@example.com Please contact the school directly through email or phone (416-707-1077) before making payment for further instructions.
Payments can also be made in person at the Toronto Guitar School’s Yonge and Dundas location (116 Bond Street) by appointment only. Cheque or cash are the accepted methods of payment at this location.
Payment must be received 24 hours prior to the start of the class to receive the discounted price otherwise the regular course rate applies.